Madhya Pradesh, a large state in central India, retains landmarks from eras throughout Indian history. Begun in the 10th century, its Hindu and Jain temples at Khajuraho are renowned for their carvings of erotic scenes, most prominently Kandariya Mahadeva, a temple with more than 800 sculptures a mere slice of architectural wonder in a region blessed with palaces.
Request for query
Madhya Pradesh, a large state in central India, retains landmarks from eras throughout Indian history. Begun in the 10th century, its Hindu and Jain temples at Khajuraho are renowned for their carvings of erotic scenes, most prominently Kandariya Mahadeva, a temple with more than 800 sculptures a mere slice of architectural wonder in a region blessed with palaces, forts and stupas, the former most gloriously prominent in the postcard-perfect village of Orchha. The eastern Bandhavgarh and Kanha national parks, noted Bengal tiger sanctuaries, offer guided safaris.
Laid-back traveller havens like Maheshwar and Omkareshwar display the spiritual, scenic, and chill-out flavours for which India is renowned, while the adventurous can foray into tribal Chhattisgarh, which split from Madhya Pradesh in 2000 and remains fascinatingly far removed from mainstream Indian culture.
Facts & Figures:
Madhya Pradesh is situated in the central region of India and that’s why it is called the Heartland State. It has the largest reserves of diamond and copper in India as Madhya Pradesh is rich in mineral resources. Major Facts of the State are provided below:
Name: Madhya Pradesh is also called the “Heart of India” because of its geographical location. Literally meaning of Madhya Pradesh is “Central Province”.
Existence: It is created in 1956.
Boundary: The Border States are Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
Population: 73.34 million (2012).
Land Area: The total land area of Madhya Pradesh is 308,252 sq. km. Madhya Pradesh holds 2 nd rank in area wise.
Language: Hindi is the Official Language of Madhya Pradesh.
Literacy: The Literacy Ratio of Madhya Pradesh is 70.60%
City: Its Capital City is Bhopal. Indore is its Largest City.
District: There are all total 52 districts present in Madhya Pradesh.
Climate: Madhya Pradesh experiences sub-tropical climate. Hot dry summer is from April to June and Monsoon Rains are from July to September.
Connectivity: It is well connected via roadways, railways and airways. Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior etc. are some of the airports situated in Madhya Pradesh.
Places of Interest: Major Cities which attract tourists are Gwalior, Bhopal, Ujjain, Indore,etc. as there are many popular places to visit.
Religion: In Madhya Pradesh, mostly are Hinduism with around 92% and the remaining 8% are Muslim, Jain, Christian, Sikhs and Buddhists.
Day 1: Indore - Mandu
Upon your arrival at Indore, your exciting Madhya Pradesh tour begins. To reach Mandu it takes about 3 hours drive, once you reach, check into the hotel. Later, leave for local sightseeing , the place is dotted with numerous architectural structures.
Visit the Jahaz Mahal ( ship Palace), Hindola Mahal (Swing Palace), Jami Masjid, Jain Temple, Champa Bhaoli and Rupmati Pavilion. Return back to the hotel and stay over for the night.
Day 2: Mandu - Maheshwar - Omkareshwar- Indore
In the morning, after breakfast, check out of the hotel and head towards Indore by road. On the way, stop by Maheshwara and Omkareshwara and visit the famous temples in these sites. On reaching Indore, check into the hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Indore
In the morning, after breakfast, leave for a short city tour. Visit the Chattri Bagh, Central Museum, Patal Pani and Bada Ganapati Temple. If time favors, you can opt for a trip to Ujjain to witness the religious vigor of the devotees along the banks of the Shipra river. Back to the hotel and spend the night at the leisure of the hotel.
Day 4: Departure from Indore
In the morning, after breakfast, check out of the hotel. You are dropped at the given airports or railway stations for your further journey. The trip comes to an end.
- Accommodation as per you chosen hotel (03/ 04/ 05 star)
- Daily Breakfast in the Hotels
- Airport / hotel transfers, city tour, Drives as per the itinerary by PVT car.
- All applicable hotel taxes, toll tax, parking charges & Driver allowance however, any other tax as and when levied by the Government shall be extra.
- Any meal unless specified above.
- Any airfare / train fare
- Guides services
- All entrances fees to monuments.
- Personal nature expenses like telephone / laundry bills etc.
- Airports tax and travel insurance etc.
- Services not specified above.
- GST 4.50%