Northeast India is the eastern-most region of India. It is connected to East India via a narrow corridor squeezed between independent nations of Bhutan and Bangladesh. If you want to see nature's real beauty then a visit to North East India is a must. Consisting of 7 states also called 'Seven Sisters' North East India has some real surprises for the travelers coming here. . It comprises the contiguous Seven Sister States (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura), and the Himalayan state of Sikkim.
Request for query
Northeast India is the eastern-most region of India. It is connected to East India via a narrow corridor squeezed between independent nations of Bhutan and Bangladesh.
If you want to see nature's real beauty then a visit to North East India is a must. Consisting of 7 states also called 'Seven Sisters' North East India has some real surprises for the travelers coming here. . It comprises the contiguous Seven Sister States (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura), and the Himalayan state of Sikkim.
Not so much established on the travelers map, yet the North Eastern India, has its own charm that will sweep you off your feet. Come here for once and loose yourself in its charismatic magic.
Facts & Figures:
Population : 45,587,982 (2011 census)
Area : 262,230 km 2 (101,250 sq mi)
States and territories : Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura
Largest Cities : Guwahati, Agartala, Kohima,Shillong, Aizawl, Imphal,Silchar, Itanagar, Gangtok, Dibrugarh, Nowgong, Jorhat,Tezpur
Official Languages : Assamese, Bengali, Nepali, Bodo, English, Garo, Khasi, Kokborok, Manipuri, Mizo, Ahom
Religion : Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Animism (Sanamahism, Seng Khasi, Donyi- Polo etc.)
Best time to visit : from November to AprilFew Interesting facts:
- The world’s largest river island, the Majuli and the world’s smallest river island Umananda, both are in the Northeast.
- Almost 70% North East India’s terrains is covered by hills, which makes it one of the beautiful destinations for the tourists.
- A total of seven prominent national parks of India are located in North East, including the famous world heritage sites Kaziranga and Manas.
- The famous one-horned rhino is exclusively found in the Northeastern part of India.
- Mawsynram in Meghalaya is reportedly the wettest place on Earth
- Sualkuchi in Assam is one of the world largest weaving villages where the entire population is engaged in weaving silk fabrics. Muga, the golden silk of Assam which is not produced anywhere else in the world.
- North East is considered as the most cleanest region in India. Mawlynnong in Meghalaya is the cleanest village in entire Asia
- Northeast India is a hub where nearly 70 per cent of the country’s orchids are found. A large number of them are ornamental and endangered.
- There is no dowry culture in the entire Northeast.
Routing : 4 Nights Shillong , 2 Night Kaziranga, 1 Nights Guwahati Day 01 :Guwahati– Shillong (130 KMS / 3 ½ hrs drive)
Arrive at Guwahati airport/Railway Station you will be received and greet by our company representative and transfer to Shillong. Enroute visit Umium Lake. Umiam Lake or Barapani - is the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya in midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty. Check in Hotel. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 02: Shillong sight seeing
After breakfast visit Laitlum Canyons, Mawphlang Sacred Forest, Spread Eagle Fall, Sweet Fall, Elephanta falls and Shillong peak. Evening you are free for your personal activities. Overnight stay in Shillong.
Day 3:Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong (60 km )
After breakfast excursion to Cherrapunjee the wettest place on the earth. En-route visit Elephant Falls & Shillong Peak. At Cherrapunji visit Mawsmai Cave, Mawsami Falls, Seven Sister Falls & Nohkalikai Falls. After lunch at Cherrapunji drive back to Shillong. Over Night at Shillong. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 4 :Shillong – Mawlynong –Dawki - Shillong
After breakfast visit Mawlynnong Viilage the cleanest village in India (90 Km 3 Hrs).This cute and colorful little village is known for its cleanliness. Visit the living root bridge and another strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock. After that visit Dawki River , boating at River and back to Shillong .
Day 5 : Shillong – Kaziranga
After breakfast transfer to Kaziranga National Park (270km) – a World Heritage Site and Tiger Reserve, covering an area of 430 Sq km. It is the home to more than 80% of world’s Rhino population. Evening free for leisure. Over Night at Kaziranga.
Day 06 : Jungle Activity At Kaziranga National Park
Early morning Elephant ride (5.30-6.30 a.m. / 6.30-7.30 a.m.) in the Central / western range of the park then back to resort and have breakfast, then go for an exclusive jeep safari (7.30 a.m. onwards) in the central range. Evening enjoy Bihu dance . Over Night at Kaziranga.
Day 7 :Kaziranga – Guwahati
After Breakfast transfer to Guwahati. Check in to your hotel. Evening go for river cruise at Brahmaputra ( Depand on Arrival time at Guwahati ).Overnight stay in Guwahati
Day 8: Guwahati
Morning take a temple tour to Maa Kamakhya Temple, Nabagraha Temple, Sukleshwar Temple. In time transfer to Airport / Railway Station for onward journey.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis. (Please see more details about accommodation)
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned in Cost).
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please note that vehicle will not be at disposal, it will be as per itinerary only (point to point basis). You also choose vehicle at disposal basis but it will be available strictly between 9 AM to 6 PM only within city limit and local use basis ( please see more details about vehicle)
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges.
- Service Tax 4.50%.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion
- We provide exclusive vehicles in our packages.
- Non a/c Indica/Wagon R/Alto for 1-3 Pax including child.
- Non a/c Sumo / Max for 4-8 Pax including child.
- Innova/Scorpio/Xylo for 6 Pax including child.
- Gangtok city tour is done only by Maruti Van/Indica/Wagon R (4 Pax in a car).
- If guest are booked for luxury vehicle, Innova/Scorpio/Xylo will be provided as per availability.
- Only 06 heads are allowed in 1 Innova/Scorpio/Xylo including child. In case the number of heads traveling increases, than the guest will have to take another vehicle.
For Luxury Vehicles
Please note that this Luxury Vehicle (Scorpio / Xylo) will be provided to the guest for the complete tour. The vehicle changes every day/Sector wise & will be on contract as per the itinerary. This vehicle is not on disposal. Also while opting for Luxury Vehicle please informs the guest to travel light with minimum baggage of one piece per person. In case of excess baggage the guest will have to opt for an extra vehicle for carrying the excess baggage. The cost for this will be directly paid by the guest on the spot. Maximum 06 Heads (Including adult & children) will be allowed in a Scorpio / Xylo. Maximum 08 Heads (Including adult & children) are allowed in Non Ac Tata Sumo / Similar. AC of this luxury vehicle will only operate in plain & not in hills.ON Disposal Vehicle
In case Innova/scorpio/xylo are booked on disposal it will be available strictly between 9 AM to 6 PM only within city limit and local use basis. Car on disposal rate will not be applicable on the day of interstate city transfers Like Sikkim to West Bengal or vice versa. For any day excursion like Nathula / Chardham / Mirik / Yuksum car on disposal rate will not be applicable.
- Check-in 14:00 hrs. / Check-out time is 12:00 hrs.
- The tourism infrastructure in Sikkim & Darjeeling is not very developed and one should not expect or compare it with the standards of plains & other developed destinations there is always scarcity of water and power in the region and so you would come across situation like water (hot) being supplied on time basis – morning & evening.
- Room Heater available with an extra cost Bourne by the guest directly (Except at Premium+, Premium & Luxury categories)
- Category of Rooms in the packages normally remains to base category of rooms.
- A valid photo ID proof for all guests staying at the hotel is mandatory.
- For Extra adult in the room we will provide an extra bed (wherever possible), but most of the hotels only provide extra mattress or roll away bed. Most of the hotels have no provision of an extra bed.
- almost all the hotels do not have a lift facility and in all the hotels the guest will have to climb stairs. In case if any guest is having problem of blood pressure, knee or other ailment for which they cannot climb the higher floors they will have to intimate us during the time of booking so that we can try to arrange rooms at the lowest possible floor of the hotel enabling the guest to climb the minimum number of stairs.
Hotel Category Details:
- Premium+ Packages: Best Available Hotel with Breakfast & Dinner with Luxury Vehicle.
- Premium Packages: Equivalent 4* Hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.
- Luxury Packages: Equivalent 3* Deluxe Hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.
- Superior Packages: Equivalent 3* Hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.
- Super Deluxe Packages: Equivalent 2* Deluxe Hotel with Breakfast & Dinner.
- Deluxe Packages: Equivalent 2* Hotel with Breakfast & all Modern Amenities.
- Standard Packages: Equivalent 1* Hotel with Basic Facilities with Breakfast.