Andaman & Nicobar Islands is a group of over 572 Islands, islets and rocks(36 of which are inhabited) in the Bay of Bengal, South-East of the Indian mainland. The Andaman & Nicobar Islands is nearer to Myanmar, Indonesia and Thailand than to the Indian mainland.
Request for query
Andaman & Nicobar Islands is a group of over 572 Islands, islets and rocks(36 of which are inhabited) in the Bay of Bengal, South-East of the Indian mainland. The Andaman & Nicobar Islands is nearer to Myanmar, Indonesia and Thailand than to the Indian mainland. Andaman & Nicobar Islands stretches over a length of more than 800 kms from North to South. Some of the large Islands are Middle Andaman, North Andaman, South Andaman, Baratang and Little Andaman islands. The northern most point is Landfall Island and the southern most, Indira Point.
The Andaman Islands are an Indian archipelago in the Bay of Bengal. These islands are known for their palm-lined, white-sand beaches, mangroves and tropical rainforests. Coral reefs supporting marine life such as sharks and rays make for popular diving and snorkeling sites. Indigenous Andaman Islanders inhabit the more remote islands, many of which are off limits to visitors.
The Nicobar group of Islands is out of bounds for Tourism activities. i.e., only the Andaman group of Islands are open for Tourism. This is because the majority of people living in Nicobar Islands are Tribals.
Fact and Figures
Location : Bay of Bengal 92o to 94o East Longitude 6o to 14o North Latitude
Total Area : 8,249 sq.km. (Andaman-6408 sq.kms., Nicobar-1841 sq.km.)
Total Islands : 572
Inhabited Islands: 36
Capital : Port Blair
Districts : 3 (Andamans, Nicobars & North and Middle Andaman)
Forest Cover: 92 %
Climate: Tropical and Humid. Humidity ranges between 70% and 90% with a gentle breeze blowing at all times. The weather is generally pleasant with a minimum temperature of 23°C and maximum 30°C.
Ideal Tourist Season: October to May
For Monsoon Holidays: June to September
Rainfall : 3000 mms (May to mid-September & November to January)
Relative Humidity : 70% to 90%
Total Population : 3,56,152 (As per Census-2001)
Literacy Rate: 71.07% (As per Census-2001)
Clothing : Cotton throughout the year
Languages spoken: Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi, Nicobarese, English
Day-1 Arrival Port Blair & Cellular Jail Sound & Light show Port Blair
Arrival at Port Blair Airport assistance on arrival and proceed to your pre booked hotel rest till afternoon after lunch proceed to Corbyns cove beach n Cellular jail light and sound show, overnight stay at Port Blair
Day 2: Onward journey To Havelock (57kms)
In the morning you will be escorted to Port Blair Harbor to board Luxury cruise (1 ½ hrs) or Govt. Ferry (2 ½ hrs) which will take you to HAVELOCK ISLAND. Havelock Island: The Island is named after a British Army Officer. The island offers state-of- the- art facilities for snorkeling and scuba diving. Havelock is famous for its white sand and crystal clear and transparent waters.
At the Harbour our representative will receive you and will help you to check in at your pre booked hotel / resort @ Havelock, and then he will escort you to Radhanagar Beach which is Asia’s 7th most beautiful beach. At Radhanagar Beach you can go for swimming or just get your feet wet and admire the serene beauty of the beach, Overnight stay at Havelock.
Day 03: Full Day At Leisure At Havelock & In Evening Back To Port Blair,
After Breakfast your entire day is on leisure In the evening (at around 4:00 PM, depending upon the ferry timings) we will start our return journey to Port Blair enjoying the sea breeze and the sight of the changing colours of the sky of the setting sun and most of the time accompanied by dolphins and flying fishes swimming along the boat.
Day 4 - City tour with Chidiyatapu Sunset Point – Port Blair
After breakfast proceed to "City Tour" of Port Blair – Marina Park, Joggers Park covering Chatham Saw Mill (one of the oldest & largest in Asia), Forest Museum, Mini Zoo-rare species of Birds and animal found in, Anthropological ,Naval museum & Fisheries (Marine) Museum – Show casing underwater marine life of Andaman and Nicobar & Water Sports Complex. After lunch in procced to chidiyatapu beach for sunset point, overnight stay at at Port Blair.
Day 4- Port Blair to Onward Destination
After breakfast as per your flight timing will transfer to Airport with unlimited memories...
- A/C Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- A/C Vehicle for Entire Trip including Airport Pick & Drop as per the itinerary only.
- Havelock / Neil by Luxury Cruise if not operated then we will provide you Govt. ferrys
- All Entry permits, Entry tickets, Parking charges, Boat tickets/Ferry tickets wherever required.
- Local Assistance at all arrival and departure points.
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills, beverages, etc.
- It also does not include any meals unless and otherwise specifically mentioned.
- Guide, Glass bottom boat rides, Jolly ride & snorkeling charges.
- Optional, suggested or unspecified activities.
- Guide at Cellular Jail and Ross Island will cost extra.
- Camera fee (still or movie)
- Additional sightseeing charges or extra usage of vehicle.
- Any additional charges arising due to natural calamities, political disturbances, VIP movement, etc.
- GST is 4.50% extra on total billing.
- Since Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Island is under restricted area category please carry a valid photo identity proof for all the travelers issued from competent authorities.
- Check Out Time At Most Of The Hotel In Portblair / Havelock Is 0900hrs, Late Check Out As Per Availability Only, Although Guarantee Check Out Is Possible Paying 50% Of The Room Charges
- Our Executive will hold the placard our side the Airport exit gate
- We do not book any of our clients to Havelock in Government ferry, until and unless there if there is an emergency or disruption we may shift the guest to Government ferry to Neil and Havelock Island.
- Issues regarding child age to be settled with Hotels directly. Note: Neil island tour from Havelock is purely subjected to weather condition and availability of ferry, if not the guest will be taken back to port blair and an alternative sightseeing.