Canada, stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north, is filled with vibrant cities including massive, multicultural Toronto; predominantly French-speaking Montréal and Québec City; Vancouver and Halifax on the Pacific and Atlantic coasts, respectively; and Ottawa, the capital. It’s also crossed by the Rocky Mountains and home to vast swaths of protected wilderness.
CANADA FACTS & FIGURES
- Occupying the northern half of North America, Canada is the second-largest country in the world (after Russia.)
- From east to west, the country encompasses six time zones.
- Canada shares a 5,525-mile boundary with the U.S.
- The Atlantic Ocean hugs the coastline to the east, the Pacific Ocean to the west.
- The country is made up of 10 provinces and three territories.
- When it comes to geography - diversity is the word. Fertile plains, vast mountain ranges, lakes, rivers, wilderness forests and Arctic tundra to the far north.
- Canada has a population of about 32.5 million.
- The official currency is the Canadian dollar.
- In random order, the major cities are Victoria, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax.
- The country enjoys four distinct seasons and six time zones.
- English and French are the two official languages. English is the mother tongue of 59 per cent of the population.
- Canada has 11 national holidays: New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day (Monday preceding May 25), Canada Day (July 1 or July 2 if July 1 is a Sunday, Labour Day (first Monday of September), Thanksgiving (second Monday of October), Remembrance Day (November 11), Christmas Day and Boxing Day (December 26)and new to 2008, February 18 is Family Day.
- The maple leaf is the national symbol.
- Accommodation as per your choice
- Daily breakfast at restaurant in the hotel
- Arrival & departure Airport transfers on private basis
- Inter-city transfers either by coach or rail as per itinerary
- Sightseeing tours on seat-in- coach basis with local English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees to visit attractions as per itinerary
- Cost of basic self-drive rental car with GPS for self drive package (Additional hours, fuel charges, parking charges, vehicle drop off fees, National Park fees are not a part of the package.)
- Hotel taxes
- Airport improvement fee.
- Meals and attractions unless otherwise stated.
- Transfers, unless otherwise specified.
- National Park entrance fees.
- Train station transfers are not included in the package.
- No Porterage
- VISA Air Tickets & Baggage Charges
- No Domestic Airfare & Intercity Surface Transfers are included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No International Airfare is included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No Lunch & Dinner (Can provide quote as separate cost per person, per meal, per day)
- Any Costs not included/mentioned in itinerary
- Tips and/or Gratuity not included (Suggested tip of approx. USD 2.00 per person per day)
- 4.50% Govt Service Tax
- Common pick-up and drop-off point for sightseeing tours from central location.
- Any type of mandatory fee like a resort fee / city tax etc. has to be paid at the hotel directly; the same is not a part of the package and cannot be prepaid.
- Passenger will have to reach on their own to common pick-up point (Bus station) in Montreal for transfer to Quebec City (Bus station).
- Rates are subject to availability at the time of booking.