Canada, stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north, is filled with vibrant cities including massive, multicultural Toronto; predominantly French-speaking Montréal and Québec City; Vancouver and Halifax on the Pacific and Atlantic coasts, respectively; and Ottawa, the capital. It’s also crossed by the Rocky Mountains and home to vast swaths of protected wilderness.
CANADA FACTS & FIGURES
- Occupying the northern half of North America, Canada is the second-largest country in the world (after Russia.)
- From east to west, the country encompasses six time zones.
- Canada shares a 5,525-mile boundary with the U.S.
- The Atlantic Ocean hugs the coastline to the east, the Pacific Ocean to the west.
- The country is made up of 10 provinces and three territories.
- When it comes to geography - diversity is the word. Fertile plains, vast mountain ranges, lakes, rivers, wilderness forests and Arctic tundra to the far north.
- Canada has a population of about 32.5 million.
- The official currency is the Canadian dollar.
- In random order, the major cities are Victoria, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax.
- The country enjoys four distinct seasons and six time zones.
- English and French are the two official languages. English is the mother tongue of 59 per cent of the population.
- Canada has 11 national holidays: New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day (Monday preceding May 25), Canada Day (July 1 or July 2 if July 1 is a Sunday, Labour Day (first Monday of September), Thanksgiving (second Monday of October), Remembrance Day (November 11), Christmas Day and Boxing Day (December 26)and new to 2008, February 18 is Family Day.
- The maple leaf is the national symbol.
Day 1 - ARRIVE VANCOUVER
After arriving independently in Vancouver, transfer independently to your hotel for a two-night stay. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 2 - VANCOUVER
Enjoy a Vancouver city sightseeing tour, including a visit to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. On this 5-hour excursion you will discover the past, present and future of Vancouver with visits to historic Gastown and nearby Chinatown. Discover the 1000-acre Stanley Park and English Bay before stopping at Granville Island to see the public market and galleries. Continue on to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Vancouver’s oldest attraction, suspended high above a magnificent canyon. See traditional totem carvers, a nature park and history centre and take a stroll through the majestic old forest. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 3 - WHISTLER
The guided tour takes you on a spectacular drive along the scenic Sea to Sky Highway to the worldfamous ski resort of Whistler. Along the way, you’ll make a stop at Shannon Falls, cascading from a lip of over 1000 feet above its frothy pools, set in a beautiful provincial park. Upon arrival at Whistler village, the mountain offers a magnificent view of meandering trails and sweeping ski runs. The rest of the day is free to explore this idyllic resort town with its many shopping, dining and recreational activities. Overnight in Whistler.
Day 4 - WHISTLER
Escape to the peaceful surroundings of Whistler’s wetlands and take a guided canoe or kayak trip down the River of Golden Dreams. Enjoy the breathtaking mountain scenery and take the opportunity to observe wild birds and other wildlife. Overnight in Whistler.
Day 5 - VICTORIA
Today you’ll take a floatplane transfer to Victoria. Upon arrival in Victoria, the remainder of the day is free to explore on your own. Overnight in Victoria.
Day 6 - VICTORIA
Embark on a whalewatching excursion today. This coastal excursion is an exhilarating round trip of 50 to 80 kilometers in search of orcas, minke whales, grey whales, porpoises, harbour seals and other marine wildlife. You will ride aboard a 14-metre ocean cruiser with commentary by a certified Marine biologist and naturalist are provided. Overnight in Victoria.
Day 7 - END OF PACKAGE
This is your day of departure. Enjoy a ferry/coach transfer back to Vancouver airport
- Accommodation as per your choice
- Daily breakfast at restaurant in the hotel
- Arrival & departure Airport transfers on private basis
- Inter-city transfers either by coach or rail as per itinerary
- Sightseeing tours on seat-in- coach basis with local English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees to visit attractions as per itinerary
- Cost of basic self-drive rental car with GPS for self drive package (Additional hours, fuel charges, parking charges, vehicle drop off fees, National Park fees are not a part of the package.)
- Hotel taxes
- Airport improvement fee.
- Meals and attractions unless otherwise stated.
- Transfers, unless otherwise specified.
- National Park entrance fees.
- Train station transfers are not included in the package.
- No Porterage
- VISA Air Tickets & Baggage Charges
- No Domestic Airfare & Intercity Surface Transfers are included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No International Airfare is included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No Lunch & Dinner (Can provide quote as separate cost per person, per meal, per day)
- Any Costs not included/mentioned in itinerary
- Tips and/or Gratuity not included (Suggested tip of approx. USD 2.00 per person per day)
- 4.50% Govt Service Tax
- Common pick-up and drop-off point for sightseeing tours from central location.
- Any type of mandatory fee like a resort fee / city tax etc. has to be paid at the hotel directly; the same is not a part of the package and cannot be prepaid.
- Passenger will have to reach on their own to common pick-up point (Bus station) in Montreal for transfer to Quebec City (Bus station).
- Rates are subject to availability at the time of booking.