Canada, stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north, is filled with vibrant cities including massive, multicultural Toronto; predominantly French-speaking Montréal and Québec City; Vancouver and Halifax on the Pacific and Atlantic coasts, respectively; and Ottawa, the capital. It’s also crossed by the Rocky Mountains and home to vast swaths of protected wilderness.
CANADA FACTS & FIGURES
- Occupying the northern half of North America, Canada is the second-largest country in the world (after Russia.)
- From east to west, the country encompasses six time zones.
- Canada shares a 5,525-mile boundary with the U.S.
- The Atlantic Ocean hugs the coastline to the east, the Pacific Ocean to the west.
- The country is made up of 10 provinces and three territories.
- When it comes to geography - diversity is the word. Fertile plains, vast mountain ranges, lakes, rivers, wilderness forests and Arctic tundra to the far north.
- Canada has a population of about 32.5 million.
- The official currency is the Canadian dollar.
- In random order, the major cities are Victoria, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax.
- The country enjoys four distinct seasons and six time zones.
- English and French are the two official languages. English is the mother tongue of 59 per cent of the population.
- Canada has 11 national holidays: New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day (Monday preceding May 25), Canada Day (July 1 or July 2 if July 1 is a Sunday, Labour Day (first Monday of September), Thanksgiving (second Monday of October), Remembrance Day (November 11), Christmas Day and Boxing Day (December 26)and new to 2008, February 18 is Family Day.
- The maple leaf is the national symbol.
Highlights: Daily Breakfast, Montreal City Tour, Quebec City Tour
Day 01: Montreal
On arrival, transfer from Montreal Airport to hotel. Rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in
Day 02: Montreal
After breakfast, proceed on sightseeing tour of Montreal. Highlights of this fully-narrated tour includes: A photo stop at the beautiful Notre Dame (entrance not included), the residential and financial districts, historic Old Montreal, an outside view of the Olympic Complex, St. Joseph Oratory (photo stop), a view of the campus of McGill University and a panoramic view from an observation point on top of Mont Royal. Overnight in Montreal.
Day 03: Montreal/Quebec City
After breakfast, checkout and follow the route of Canada’s first carriageway, the Chemin du Roy deep into French Canada. Winding through typical French-Canadian villages and towns, experience true immersion in French culture. Upon arrival in Quebec City, tour within the walls of the old city and view Lower Town, the Citadel, Battlefields Park and the ornate city gates. Overnight in Quebec City.
Day 04: Quebec City
After breakfast, proceed on Quebec City Tour. See the Latin Quarter, the Plains of Abraham, the Citadel, the Fortifications, the National Assembly, Place Royale, the Basilica and other points of interest. Afternoon checkout and transfer Quebec Airport to connect flight to onward destinatio
- Accommodation as per your choice
- Daily breakfast at restaurant in the hotel
- Arrival & departure Airport transfers on private basis
- Inter-city transfers either by coach or rail as per itinerary
- Sightseeing tours on seat-in- coach basis with local English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees to visit attractions as per itinerary
- Cost of basic self-drive rental car with GPS for self drive package (Additional hours, fuel charges, parking charges, vehicle drop off fees, National Park fees are not a part of the package.)
- Hotel taxes
- Airport improvement fee.
- Meals and attractions unless otherwise stated.
- Transfers, unless otherwise specified.
- National Park entrance fees.
- Train station transfers are not included in the package.
- No Porterage
- VISA Air Tickets & Baggage Charges
- No Domestic Airfare & Intercity Surface Transfers are included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No International Airfare is included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No Lunch & Dinner (Can provide quote as separate cost per person, per meal, per day)
- Any Costs not included/mentioned in itinerary
- Tips and/or Gratuity not included (Suggested tip of approx. USD 2.00 per person per day)
- 4.50% Govt Service Tax
- Common pick-up and drop-off point for sightseeing tours from central location.
- Any type of mandatory fee like a resort fee / city tax etc. has to be paid at the hotel directly; the same is not a part of the package and cannot be prepaid.
- Passenger will have to reach on their own to common pick-up point (Bus station) in Montreal for transfer to Quebec City (Bus station).
- Rates are subject to availability at the time of booking.