Canada, stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north, is filled with vibrant cities including massive, multicultural Toronto; predominantly French-speaking Montréal and Québec City; Vancouver and Halifax on the Pacific and Atlantic coasts, respectively; and Ottawa, the capital. It’s also crossed by the Rocky Mountains and home to vast swaths of protected wilderness.
CANADA FACTS & FIGURES
- Occupying the northern half of North America, Canada is the second-largest country in the world (after Russia.)
- From east to west, the country encompasses six time zones.
- Canada shares a 5,525-mile boundary with the U.S.
- The Atlantic Ocean hugs the coastline to the east, the Pacific Ocean to the west.
- The country is made up of 10 provinces and three territories.
- When it comes to geography - diversity is the word. Fertile plains, vast mountain ranges, lakes, rivers, wilderness forests and Arctic tundra to the far north.
- Canada has a population of about 32.5 million.
- The official currency is the Canadian dollar.
- In random order, the major cities are Victoria, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax.
- The country enjoys four distinct seasons and six time zones.
- English and French are the two official languages. English is the mother tongue of 59 per cent of the population.
- Canada has 11 national holidays: New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day (Monday preceding May 25), Canada Day (July 1 or July 2 if July 1 is a Sunday, Labour Day (first Monday of September), Thanksgiving (second Monday of October), Remembrance Day (November 11), Christmas Day and Boxing Day (December 26)and new to 2008, February 18 is Family Day.
- The maple leaf is the national symbol.
Day 1 - ARRIVE TORONTO
After arriving independently in Toronto, transfer independently to your hotel for a two-night stay. The rest of the day is at leisure to further explore the city of Toronto. Overnight in Toronto.
Day 2 - TORONTO
Discover what lies behind Toronto’s famous skyline on a comprehensive city tour. Experience the sights and sounds of this cosmopolitan city as you explore the downtown area and residential areas. Highlights include the Eaton Centre, old and new City Halls, Casa Loma, Yorkville and the University of Toronto. You will pass by the Roger’s Centre (formerly known as the SkyDome) and the CN Tower and drive along the Harbourfront for a complete impression of this city. Overnight
Day 3 - NIAGARA FALLS
Transfer from Toronto to Niagara Falls. As you wind your way into Niagara Falls you will catch your first, unforgettable glimpse of the imposing American and Horseshoe Falls. Overnight in Niagara Falls.
Day 4 - NIAGARA FALLS
Step aboard a Niagara Airbus coach for a tour of Niagara Falls and Niagara-on- the-Lake. On this fullynarrated trip you will see the Floral Clock and drive along the scenic Niagara Parkway to Niagara-on- the- Lake. You will enjoy some free time to browse through this picturesque town. A guaranteed highlight is the thrilling boat ride on the Maid of the Mist to the base of the spectacular Horseshoe Falls. The tour includes a lunch with magnificent views of the roaring falls.Overnight in Niagara Falls.
Day 5 - END OF PACKAGE
This is your day of departure. Transfer to Toronto airport.
- Accommodation as per your choice
- Daily breakfast at restaurant in the hotel
- Arrival & departure Airport transfers on private basis
- Inter-city transfers either by coach or rail as per itinerary
- Sightseeing tours on seat-in- coach basis with local English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees to visit attractions as per itinerary
- Cost of basic self-drive rental car with GPS for self drive package (Additional hours, fuel charges, parking charges, vehicle drop off fees, National Park fees are not a part of the package.)
- Hotel taxes
- Airport improvement fee.
- Meals and attractions unless otherwise stated.
- Transfers, unless otherwise specified.
- National Park entrance fees.
- Train station transfers are not included in the package.
- No Porterage
- VISA Air Tickets & Baggage Charges
- No Domestic Airfare & Intercity Surface Transfers are included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No International Airfare is included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No Lunch & Dinner (Can provide quote as separate cost per person, per meal, per day)
- Any Costs not included/mentioned in itinerary
- Tips and/or Gratuity not included (Suggested tip of approx. USD 2.00 per person per day)
- 4.50% Govt Service Tax
- Common pick-up and drop-off point for sightseeing tours from central location.
- Any type of mandatory fee like a resort fee / city tax etc. has to be paid at the hotel directly; the same is not a part of the package and cannot be prepaid.
- Passenger will have to reach on their own to common pick-up point (Bus station) in Montreal for transfer to Quebec City (Bus station).
- Rates are subject to availability at the time of booking.