Alaska, northwest of Canada, is the largest and most sparsely populated U.S. state. It's known for its diverse terrain of open spaces, mountains and forests, with abundant wildlife and many small towns. It’s a destination for outdoor activities like skiing, mountain biking and kayaking.
Request for query
Alaska, northwest of Canada, is the largest and most sparsely populated U.S. state. It's known for its diverse terrain of open spaces, mountains and forests, with abundant wildlife and many small towns. It’s a destination for outdoor activities like skiing, mountain biking and kayaking. Massive Denali National Park is home to Denali (formerly called Mount McKinley), North America’s highest peak.
Facts and Figures:
Area: 656,424 sq mi (1,700,135 sq km), including 86,051 sq mi (222,871 sq km) of water surface.
State abbreviation/Postal code: Alaska/AK
Motto: North to the Future
Nickname: The state is commonly called “The Last Frontier” or “Land of the Midnight Sun”
Origin of name: Corruption of Aleut word meaning “great land” or “that which the sea breaks against”
10 largest cities (2013): Anchorage, 291,826;Fairbanks, 31,535; Juneau, 31,275 Sitka, 8,881; Wasilla, 7,831; Kenai, 7,100; Ketchikan, 8,050; Palmer, 5,937; Kodiak, 6,130; Bethel, 6,080;
Land area: 570,641 sq mi. (1,477,953 sq km)
Number of boroughs (counties): 27
Largest borough by population and area: Anchorage, 298,294 (2012); Yukon-Koyukuk, 145,900 sq mi.
State parks: more than 100 (3.5 million acres)
Highlights: Daily Breakfast, 7 Days Car Rental with GPS, 12 Minutes Summit Helicopter Ride, Sulphur Mountain Gondola, Minnewanka Cruise, Ice Explorer Ride & Glacier Skywalk at Columbia Icefields, Maligne Lake Cruis
e Day 01: Calgary
Arrive Calgary International Airport, pick up vehicle from car rental agency and proceed to hotel. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to create your own urban adventure and form your first impressions of Western Canada. Overnight in Calgary.
Day 02: Calgary/Banff – 130 KM
After breakfast depart for Banff. On the way stop at Kananaskis for the most powerful experience in the Rockies, a 12 Minutes Summit Helicopter Tour. Later continue journey to Banff. On arrival, check in at hotel. Overnight in Banff.
Day 03: Banff
Banff National Park is a stunning wilderness and your outdoor playground for the day. Enjoy Banff Gondola ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain for some panoramic views, visit the Cave and Basin, and hike along one of the groomed trails or stroll through the town site of Banff. Afternoon enjoy boat ride on Lake Minnewanka. Overnight in Banff.
Day 04: Banff/Lake Louise – 75 KM
After breakfast, checkout and drive through the Bow Valley to Lake Louise. With the Victoria Glacier in the background, this emerald-coloured lake is sure to leave an indelible impression. Overnight in Lake Louise.
Day 05: Lake Louise/Jasper – 230 KM
After breakfast, checkout and drive to Jasper via the spectacular Icefields Parkway, said to be one of the most scenic routes in the entire world. At Columbia Icefields, take an Ice Explorer ride and further explore the magnificent Glacier Skywalk onto the massive glacier and experience the thrill of walking on glacial ice. Later continue journey to resort town of Jasper. Overnight in Jasper.
Day 06: Jasper
After breakfast, day is at leisure to explore the uniquely beautiful landscape of Jasper National Park where serene lakes and gentle meadows stand in stark contrast to its jagged peaks and spectacular glaciers. Later, enjoy Maligne Lake boat cruise and we suggest a visit to Miette Hot Springs or a ride on the Jasper Tramway.
Day 07: Jasper/Edmonton – 365 KM
After breakfast, checkout and proceed to Edmonton Airport. On arrival drop off vehicle at car rental agency and proceed to connect flight to onward destination
- Accommodation as per your choice
- Daily breakfast at restaurant in the hotel
- Arrival & departure Airport transfers on private basis
- Inter-city transfers either by coach or rail as per itinerary
- Sightseeing tours on seat-in- coach basis with local English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees to visit attractions as per itinerary
- Cost of basic self-drive rental car with GPS for self drive package (Additional hours, fuel charges, parking charges, vehicle drop off fees, National Park fees are not a part of the package.)
- Hotel taxes
- Airport improvement fee.
- Meals and attractions unless otherwise stated.
- Transfers, unless otherwise specified.
- National Park entrance fees.
- Train station transfers are not included in the package.
- No Porterage
- VISA Air Tickets & Baggage Charges
- No Domestic Airfare & Intercity Surface Transfers are included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No International Airfare is included (Can provide quote as separate cost per person)
- No Lunch & Dinner (Can provide quote as separate cost per person, per meal, per day)
- Any Costs not included/mentioned in itinerary
- Tips and/or Gratuity not included (Suggested tip of approx. USD 2.00 per person per day)
- 4.50% Govt Service Tax
- Common pick-up and drop-off point for sightseeing tours from central location.
- Any type of mandatory fee like a resort fee / city tax etc. has to be paid at the hotel directly; the same is not a part of the package and cannot be prepaid.
- Passenger will have to reach on their own to common pick-up point (Bus station) in Montreal for transfer to Quebec City (Bus station).
- Rates are subject to availability at the time of booking.